We are excited to announce the launch of our next-generation site, with a new look, greater flexibility and other enhancements. Many of the new features evolved from our member’s suggestions; our goal is to build a community that makes their world a little less isolated and their day-to-day challenges easier to confront.
Here are some of the highlights you’ll notice on this site:
ExpertCEO Content Now Visible to All Site Visitors
We’re now ready to scale our membership in order to meet the needs of more executives with a complex range of questions, Greater visibility will also enable us to respond to the needs of sponsors who desire broader exposure for their messages,
Participation in discussions, posting of questions, and viewing of member profiles will remain the privilege of members, and our membership criteria remains unchanged. They’ll continue to have the option to ‘post’ by name or anonymously.
Knowledge Base Now Available Free of Charge
Knowledge Base content is open for viewing by all site visitors. The inaugural KnowledgeBase topic focused on CEO Compensation; other relevant topics, such as Board Effectiveness, are coming soon. You’ll be hearing more from us on the content we want our users to contribute to the site.
- Enhanced Search Capability: We’ve implemented a new algorithm that not only makes it easier to find the particular article , but they will be presented with related items that may be of interest.
- Discussions Organized by Topic: When Discussions are viewed, notice that Discussions are now grouped by Category (think “Topic”), as well as by recent activity. To initiate a conversation, go to the relevant Category and click the ‘New Discussion’ button.
- Notification Option by Topic: Per members request, they can now ‘subscribe’ to discussions by Category, even if they aren’t a direct participant, you’ll receive notifications of new activity on that topic. For more information about this area, take a look at the FAQ located on the “Help” tab of the Discussion area.
- Discussion Preview: Members can now preview a discussion or comment before posting it, something members have repeatedly requested.
- In the Spotlight by Topic: Same weekly content, but now organized by topic, rather by the type of media in which it originally appeared. Searchable by topic, as well as keywords.
- Groups & Ask the Expert: We have streamlined other areas of the site as well. Rather than separating discussions into smaller Groups, the Discussion area will be the single source for all Discussions – making it easier for you and other members to comment upon. Additionally, “Ask the Expert” has been incorporated into the Discussions area where the experts will directly participate in discussions rather than having members go to a separate area of the site.
ExpertCEO has built a vibrant community with high quality and thoughtful discussions. In order to scale our site and to increase the participation from other members of the community, we felt we needed to open up many aspects of ExpertCEO to the outside world. We believe our new structure has done this in a way that both protects the privacy of our members who post questions and retains the credibility of the comments and answers.
And we needed to be more “nimble” in our ability to enhance and modify the site and its features in response to member feedback. In essence, we needed to be like a startup . We decided to move to an Open Source product called “Joomla” . This technology has enabled us to set up the site with minimal programming effort, and to dynamically configure it in response to user feedback. The breadth of add-ons (extensions), has also enabled us to provide comprehensive features without resorting to expensive and inflexible programming resources.
As with any change, there will almost certainly be a few bumps along the road. We appreciate your patience and welcome your feedback (email@example.com). One dividend of the new open-source site architecture is the ease with which we can implement changes going forward, so don’t hesitate to let us know what you like, and how you’d like to see us improve.
We hope you find these changes make ExpertCEO site more useful, and that you share it freely and frequently with other executives you believe will benefit.
Founder and CEO